Posted in Health by inMotion Life
There are a few vitamins that your body absolutely needs for your metabolism to work properly, which also help with weight-loss. Plus, you’ll find a few of other vitamins that are critical for your body to safely go through metabolism without killing you.
B-complex vitamins are absolutely essential to your body’s metabolism! If you are missing even just one of them, the food you’re easting won’t be going down the hatch anytime soon… However, there are some particular “lose weight vitamins” in the B-complex family that play particularly important roles in weight-loss:
- Vitamin B 1 / Thiamine: for proper metabolism of starch and sugars. Found in eggs, whole grain flour, potatoes, oranges and asparagus.
- Vitamin B 2 / Riboflavin: for proper metabolism of fats, proteins and carbohydrates. Found in milk, cheese, leafy green vegetables and almonds.
- Vitamin B 5 / Pantothenic Acid: for the generation of energy to be used in the body. Found in green vegetables, whole grain flour, chicken, eggs, beans and green vegetables.
- Vitamin B 6 / Pyridoxine: for the metabolism of unsaturated fatty acids. Found in eggs, beef, chicken, bananas and avocados.
- Vitamin B 12 / Cyanocobalamin: for the whole gamut of metabolism: digestion, protein synthesis, food absorption and general metabolism. Found in meat, fish and eggs.
Other Stuff to Help Lose Weight
While the B-complex family is the star of the “lose weight vitamins”, there are some other materials that can help you reach your goal of losing weight in the long run:
- Vitamin C: this little puppy not only strengthens your immune system as heavily advertised, but it also helps keep you healthier by cleaning up the waste products that metabolism leaves behind. These waste products are called free radicals, and these free radicals are responsible for quite a number of problems in the body: ranging from arthritis to cancer.
- Fibre: if you have a problem feeling full after a light meal, try fibre-rich foods instead. Fibre helps promote better digestion by making the food stick around in your digestive system for longer while giving you that full feeling even after eating a portion of what you normally eat.
- Caffeine: ever wonder why you get so jittery when you drink a few espressos? Taking in a moderate amount of caffeine helps you burn up food a little more efficiently to produce energy for your body. That doesn’t mean you should guzzle down cup after cup of coffee! Caffeine helps a little, but taking in too much will ultimately be harmful for your body
- Green Tea: Although green tea has some caffeine in it, research has ruled out caffeine as the only weight-loss component of green tea. There is something else in green tea that scientists haven’t yet been able to identify, that helps increase your metabolism and fat burning rate. That probably explains how the Japanese, with their green-tea rich diets, manage to keep slim.
Wrapping it Up
There is no such thing as a miracle weight-loss vitamin’ that’ll shed off the pounds in an instant. It all boils down to exercising and maintaining a healthy lifestyle. However, keeping your body amply supplied with the right B-complex vitamins coupled with some extra vitamins and foods will ensure that you’ll be able to help your body to lose weight in a healthy way.
Have you got any secret formulas for losing weight that have worked for you? Share them with us in the comments below.