Posted in Recipes by inMotion Life
This delicious roast beef tenderloin with a horseradish sauce recipe is guaranteed to impress your friends and family, without threatening to increase your belt size.
- 1 x 2 pounds (ca. 900g) beef tenderloin
- ¼ cup of prepared horseradish
- 1 x 8 ounce (225g) carton of fat-free sour cream
- 1 teaspoon of white wine Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ cup of minced fresh Italian parsley leaves
- ⅛ teaspoon of fresh ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon of salt free lemon-herb seasoning (Mrs. Dash)
- Cooking oil spray
- Combine the sour cream, parsley, horseradish, Worcestershire sauce and black pepper in a bowl.
- Cover and chill for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 500° F.
- Trim the fat from the tenderloin.
- Place the tenderloin on a rack in a roasting pan coated with cooking spray and sprinkle the lemon-herb seasoning over the tenderloin.
- Insert a meat thermometer into the thickest part of the tenderloin, if you like.
- Bake at 500° F. for 35 minutes or until the thermometer registers 145° (medium rare) or 160° (medium).
- Let it stand for 10 minutes before slicing.
- Serve with the horseradish sauce.
We’d love to hear what you think of this beef tenderloin recipe in the comments below.