Posted in Recipes by inMotion Life
We all know vegetables are one of the most important food sources you can give your body. They are full of valuable vitamins and minerals, which help strengthen your immune system, keeping you healthy and strong. Veggies also contain antioxidants, which will keep you free from oxidant stress, and help fight against disease such as cancer.
So it goes without saying that you need a great recipe for grilled veggies to compliment your healthy eating plan! 😉
Give the following grilled vegetable recipe a try…
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 red onion
- 2 zucchini
- 2 yellow squash
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 cup mixed baby greens
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 12 oz asparagus, trimmed
- 1 roasted red bell pepper
- 1 1/2 cup lightly packed arugula, chopped
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
Directions (Makes 4 Servings)
- In a medium bowl, whisk the balsamic vinegar, Dijon mustard, garlic and rosemary, to make the dressing. Gradually add the oil while stirring fast.
- Heat a barbecue or pan to medium high.
- Brush the onion, zucchini, yellow squash, and asparagus with 1/2 of the balsamic dressing. Grill or sauté the vegetables until just cooked through, turning them occasionally.
- Allow the veggies to cool slightly, then cut them into small pieces and place in a large bowl.
- Add the roasted bell pepper, arugula, and greens, and toss with enough dressing to coat them.
Let us know what you think of this recipe in the comments below, and if you take a photo of your creation, send it to us so we can feature it here…