Posted in Recipes by inMotion Life
A delicious roasted eggplant spread recipe with red pepper and red onion, ideal for a quick snack or light meal, and packed full of goodness.
- 1 medium eggplant
- 1 large sweet red bell pepper
- 1 small sweet red onion
- 1 clove of garlic, finely minced
- 2 teaspoons of fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon of extra virgin olive oil
- A pinch of fresh ground black pepper
- Minced fresh Italian parsley leaves for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375 F (ca. 162 C).
- Stab eggplant all over with the tines of a fork.
- Place on a rack in roasting pan and bake in preheated 375 degree oven for about 40 minutes.
- Prick onion and pepper all over with the fork as well and place on rack beside the eggplant.
- Continue roasting for 30 more minutes until the vegetables are very soft. Let cool until you can handle.
- Remove stem of eggplant, and cut in half. Remove as many seeds as possible, then chop.
- Remove from skin and chop eggplant coarsely and place in a food processor.
- Cut pepper in half, remove skin, seeds, stem and membranes. Chop and add to the food processor.
- Coarsely chop onion and add to the processor.
- Add garlic, lemon juice, oil, black pepper and process until mixture is somewhat chunky.
- Cover and let stand for 30 minutes to one hour before serving. Garnish with minced parsley.
We hope you enjoy this roasted eggplant spread. If you have you own variations, let us know in the comments below.